How an AI based interactive game reimagines the gaming industry?

Hashtag
0 SHARES

As the name suggests, AI Dungeon is an Artificial Intelligence based interactive adventure game. To be more precise, the app’s description on AppApe presents the game’s unique characteristics by mentioning the players to “Imagine a world that they could explore infinitely, continually finding an endless amount of entirely new content and adventures.” Moreover, this kind of text based interactive adventure world is being instantaneously generated by a large transformer based language model known as GPT-2.

GPT-2 is an interesting technology on its own rights. According to OpenAI, GPT-2 is a “trained, large-scale unsupervised language model which generates coherent paragraphs of text, achieves state-of-the-art performance on many language modeling benchmarks, and performs rudimentary reading comprehension, machine translation, question answering, and summarization—all without task-specific training.”

The biggest advantage of having access to an AI text generator as GPT-2 is that it fundamentally changes the way games are created. It completely negates the need for a story writer and a creative director in order to create quality adventure stories, as they can be randomly generated in the game by an AI. It also saves enormous costs, time and human resources to the game developer.

It also provides players the choice to choose up to five genres of stories ranging from Fantasy to Zombies. The players can experience a different game; every time the player chooses their next sentence in the story, AI adapts to the players’s responses and generates relevant scenarios in the game as the it progresses.

If the above MAU graph is any indication on how well the game has fared until now, it is safe to say that this AI based game is a successful endeavor with increasing number of users in the month of August. The graph shows a respectable 500% increase in the monthly active users since May this year in the US.

And looking at the above graph, it is clear that with more than half of users who have installed the game are actually playing it on regular basis. The game’s trend from the graph is also rising in the positive direction hinting at potential incoming traffic to this app in the near future.

Additionally, App Ape suggests that 20.4% of AI Dungeon users are also the owners of another AI based app known as Replika: My AI Friend. This chart reveals that, currently there is significant preference for AI based apps in the market.

Finally, Demographics data show that nearly 60% of AI Dungeon app owners are male players aged between 10 and 20 years old. The remaining 40% are female players, most of whom are teenagers.

To register and know more about App Ape, please click here.

Should you have any enquiries regarding the content of this article, App Ape, or registration please do not hesitate to contact us through service@appa.pe